Monday, September 03, 2012

Juliet's Throw Quilt

I finished Juliet's throw quilt a few months ago but totally forgot to take pictures. I love how it came out! I used all the same fabrics as her crib quilt and it really contributes to her serene bedroom.

Juliet's Quilt

The quilt design is inspired by this quilt on Moda Bakeshop, but I couldn't really follow those directions so I just made a patchwork quilt top on the diagonal and chopped it up to add the white sashing.

Juliet's Blankie

(The kids really wanted to be in the picture!) To quilt this, I stitched in white thread down the center of all the sashing, and then just inside each box with khaki thread.

Juliet Hiding

The back is green fleece and it is super snuggly. As the weather here finally starts to cool off I am looking forward to snuggling under it with her!

Siblings

We are so blessed that these kids love each other so much. Most of the time they play together so nicely, with only the occasional 35lb vs 20lb mishap. Life with two kids is pretty great!

Labels: , , ,