Monday, November 14, 2011

Faux Bento Quilt

This quilt is a Christmas present, but I'm pretty sure the recipient has no idea I even have a blog, so hopefully it is safe to share it. I love this quilt!

Faux Bento Detail

You might recognize the design, I used this tutorial from Ashley. The tutorial was perfect, but I'll admit the quilt top took a little longer to come together than I had planned.

Faux Bento Quilt

I did meandering quilting, in a variegated green thread, though the quilt top is so busy you can't really tell the thread changes color.

So Colorful!
Winter makes for tough quilt photos, ugh.

The back is chocolate fleece, and there is an in-binding label. Still loving doing the label that way. Now I have two more Christmas present quilts basted and ready to quilt; I need to get them done soon in case this baby makes an early arrival!

Labels: , ,