Sunday, August 14, 2011

Katy's Quilt

I finally made my sister a proper quilt! I made her one back in 2005 that I won't even link to - it wasn't really pieced or quilted, just big pieces of fabric attached to a fleece backing. I had no idea what I was doing.

Katy's Quilt

I was much happier to send her this one! It is almost all Kona solids, with one striped red print in there if you look closely. It is quilted to chocolate brown fleece and the binding is mostly the stripey red fabric except where I embroidered the label.

Katy's Label

It is free-motion quilted in kind of a boxy pattern you might be able to see in the detail shot. The pattern is inspired by one of the ones shown in my City Quilts book, though there isn't a pattern for it and I had to make up my own measurements.

Boxy Quilting

It is super snuggly and it goes very well in their modern style ranch house, if I do say so myself!

Labels: , ,