Friday, February 25, 2011

Elephant Escape

A friend is having a baby soon and commissioned this quilt with this fabric that matches the nursery bedding and curtains.

Elephant Escape

Some of it is upholstery weight so I was a little nervous about how that would work, but I am so in love with the final quilt. It's hard to see in the photos, but I quilted each block in a square spiral. My uncle said it looked like the elephants were going to jail but we decided it would be nicer if they were escaping from the zoo, so I'm calling this quilt Elephant Escape!

Minky Backing

The backing is minky dot and the batting is thin bamboo, giving this quilt a wonderful drape. It will be so snuggly for a new baby!

Polka Dot Binding

The binding is mostly white with a polka dot section where I did the in-binding label. I hope Graham, due to arrive in just over a week, likes his elephant quilt!

Labels: , ,